How To Keep Healthy Gums
Besides the teeth, gums also plays a very important role in terms of oral health as a whole. Dental hygiene is the best way to prevent gum disease and maintain healthy gums. Annual dental examination is important, but daily maintenance should also be considered to reduce the buildup of plaque and prevent gingivitis.
Gum problems most frequently experienced by patients was swollen and bleeding. These symptoms can be a sign of gum disease or other diseases more dangerous. There are many factors that can cause gum problems such as tooth brushing mistakes, mistakes in the way of cleaning teeth, gum disease and so on.
Here are some steps to keep your gums stay healthy:
1. Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Make sure you brush your teeth in the right way. If you do not know or do not understand the correct way of brushing teeth, immediately consult with your dentist.
2. Clean teeth with fine threads every day. By cleaning up the rest of the food in between teeth and gums every day with a fine thread then you can as early as possible to prevent disruption of the gums and teeth. Yarn used to clean teeth can you get at a nearby pharmacy.
3. Eat nutritious food. Nutritious foods here include vitamin C and calcium. Both of these substances are very useful for maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
4. Drink plenty of water. Drinking enough water after a meal will help clean up the remaining food residue on the teeth and gums. This will certainly reduce the amount of bacteria that live there.
5. Say no to cigarettes. Quit smoking today also because smoking is not good for the health of your teeth and gums.
6. Avoid foods that are too hot and cold. Foods that are too hot and too cold can damage the health of your teeth and gums. Moreover, you are currently having problems with the gums and teeth, warm food is the right choice.
7. Relaxation. If you are stressed, any disease will arise and show up quickly, including diseases of the teeth and gums. This is because an increase in the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone will disrupt your body's normal system and provoke some dangerous diseases.