Broccoli Nutrition Facts
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g|
|Vitamin A equiv.||31 μg|
|lutein and zeaxanthin||1403 μg|
|Pantothenic acid||0.573 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.175 mg|
|Vitamin C||89.2 mg|
|Vitamin E||0.78 mg|
|Vitamin K||101.6 μg|
Health benefits of Broccoli
How to Cook Broccoli
- Before Cooked broccoli should be cleaned first by rinsing with cold water, but do not soak. Because of by soaking broccoli can remove most of the nutrients contained in it.
- In order for vitamins contained in broccoli is not lost in processing broccoli should be cooked briefly, no more than 5 minutes.
- Boil broccoli will eliminate the important nutrients in it, ie 50% of folate in broccoli will be lost.
- Cooking broccoli by steaming is much better to maintain the positive benefits and efficacy of these vegetables. But if you still want to cook broccoli by boiling, use the amount of water that is not too much, and boil the broccoli in a pan covered so as not to waste a lot of vitamins through the steam that comes out during the boiling process.
- When wanting cook broccoli, you should cook the stems first (approximately 1-2 minutes), followed by cooking flowerets. This is because part of the stalk harder and takes longer to cook.