- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 soft dates with the pits still in them or 3-4 pre-pitted dates soaked overnight (30 g)
- 1/2 tbsp Organic Burst Maca Powder (could sub for mesquite or omit completely)
- Salt to taste
1. Bring oats, salt and almond milk to the boil (in a small saucepan) then lower the heat to a simmer.
2. Peel (optional) the dates and mash them to a gooey mess using a fork and a spoonful of water.
3. Add the date paste to the saucepan and stir well until the paste has dissolved in the oatmeal.
4. Stir frequently as you wait for the oats to get to the desired consistency. Add in the maca powder right at the end to preserve its nutrients as much as possible.
5. Add toppings such as banana coins and/or peanut butter and serve immediately.