Fluffy Carob Banana Ice Cream

It's about time I posted another banana ice cream recipe on here! Especially since I practically live off this stuff. A life without 'nana ice cream is not a life worth living. That is why you simply have to give this a try if you haven't already. Before I first tried this I had myself convinced that I absolutely hated bananas and that my feelings toward these yellow little fellas were never going to change. But it all changed as soon as I:
a. Learnt to wait for those beautiful specks to appear, meaning the bananas were fully ripe and ready to eat.
b. Sliced them, froze them and gave them a good ol' blend.
(I now like (love) raw bananas as well but it's been a long process.)

So have a go at it and let me know what you think! Cheers!

Naked.

Dressed.

Behind the scenes.

Fluffy Carob Banana Ice Cream

Ingredients:

- 330 g frozen banana coins (about 3 medium sized bananas)

- 50 ml or a little less than 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk

- 1 tbsp carob powder

- 1 pinch pure vanilla powder

Toppings:

- Fresh berries, raw cacao nibs, quinoa pops or whatever you like

How to:

1. Place all ingredients except for the almond milk in a powerful food processor or blender.

2. Process on high until all of the frozen banana coins have reduced to tiny pieces, this usually takes around one minute.

3. Stop to scrape down the sides with a spatula if necessary, then blend on high again and slowly pour the almond milk, little by little, into the food processor while blending (through the hole on the lid).

4. Once you've added in all of the almond milk, the mixture will eventually turn into a fluffy, wonderfully creamy ice cream! Spoon it all up in a bowl, top with whatever you desire and serve immediately! You may have to scrape down the sides a few more times but be patient and you'll end up with the most delicious treat ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment