- 1/4 cup oat or buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup white teff flour (same nutritional stats as the dark one, just two different colours!)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp - 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Optional: 1 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice (I use a sugar alcohol called erythritol which I absolutely love!)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Anything you want really, here are a few suggestions:
- Fresh fruit and/or berries
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Coconut chips and raw cacao nibs
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and make sure that the baking powder and soda are evenly divided throughout the mix.
2. Add the applesauce and almond milk and stir well. Let sit for a few minutes to thicken.
3. Pre-heat a non-stick frying pan or a regular frying pan with a spoonful of coconut oil over medium to low heat.
4. Add the apple cider vinegar to the rest of the batter right before cooking.
5. Fry small spoonfuls of the batter for a couple of minutes on each side. Don't make them too big/thick, they might not cook through!
6. Serve with toppings of your choice!